Tuesday, April 2, 2013

NEW PHONE NUMBER


So the Guinean government has decided that it cannot provide enough phone numbers for everyone it keeps all the numbers at 8 digits, so it has decided to add an extra one on starting April 1st.  It’s unfortunately not simply adding a ‘0’ to the end of all the numbers or something easy to understand like that.  It adds a number in the second place depending on your service provider and current first and second numbers.  Watching the confusion that is bound to unfold over the next month will be no doubt hilarious, but hopefully it means all those random Guineans who somehow got my number will be confused and stop calling.

Without further ado, my new number is:

628 06 11 41

I.e. there is now a ‘2’ between the ‘68’ that used to start my number.

Here’s hoping the addition of that 2 will be give me better cell signal in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment