Thursday, December 22, 2011

Kankan Here I Come!!


Not too long of a blog post today, but just wanted to let everyone know I found out my site today.

I will be going to Kankan!! It is the second biggest city in Guinea, located in Haute Guinea in the East.  The language there is Malinke, which is also spoken in several other West African countries, so it will be useful there as well.  I will be working with a women’s group, largely women, in their gardening and entrepreneurship work.  There will also be the opportunity to work with the local university for environmental education and protection activities.

I don’t know much about Kankan, but there are several other volunteers within a few km, so that is great.  If you are feeling bored over your holiday break, feel free to look up some info on Kankan and forward it on to me.

Hope everyone’s got their trees up and is ready for the holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment