Saturday, November 26, 2011

63.5 lbs...

is the total weight of the two bags I'm bringing to Guinea.  To be fair though, most of that is beef jerky and Kraft Macaroni and Cheese sauce packets.  Some other miscellany I have packed are:

  • 6 bottles of contact solution
  • 1 Aeropress espresso maker and 1 pound of coffee (I'm bringing my caffeine addiction overseas!)
  • 1 French/English dictionary
  • 1 giant bag of Starburst
  • 3 vegetable peelers (two are for gifts)
  • 1 solar charger
  • 4 different charging USB cords
  • 1 harmonica
  • 20 drink mix packets (Liza would be so proud!)
  • 100s of pictures of you all
What can I say? I'm a blue box kid.

I'll be taking the train to Philadelphia tomorrow (Sunday morning), where I will have one day of staging before leaving Monday night for Guinea.  I won't have my cell phone, but I will have my computer so if you want to talk, shoot me an e-mail and I'll try to give you a call.

I've had a really great last couple of weeks hanging out with friends and family and I will miss all of you so much. That said, I am really excited to start on this grand adventure!

Remember, if you want to receive super cool mail from Guinea, make sure to send me your address.

Next time you hear from me, I'll be in Guinea!

2 comments:

  1. your candy choice was Starburst? I would have gone with candy beans http://thebluthcompany.tumblr.com/post/12288344403

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to call you today before I read this. I did get to say goodbye to your dad instead though... not as cool but always nice to talk to him:-) I'm gonna send you a package in the next weekish so if you get there and immediately realize you forgot something/made the wrong candy choice, let me know and I will include it in the box (which will be covered in all kinds of french threats to those who may open it). Miss you already!!!! xoxoxoxoxo times a bajillion

    ReplyDelete