Friday, August 19, 2011

An invitation leads to...

more paperwork!!

I received my formal invitation last Saturday, the 6th.  It came in the form of a giant packet, with information on what I should do next and on my country and position. I'll be serving as an agroforestry volunteer in Guinea, leaving November 28th.  After immediately sending in my acceptance of the invitation, I read through everything I could as fast as I could.  Then I started looking up even more info online.  As a heads up, if you are researching Guinea, be prepared to look over a lot of websites on guinea pig care.

With the packet came a request for more forms.  I had to turn in an updated resume and aspiration statement that will get sent to Guinea's country office.  I also had to apply for a new, government passport and a visa. Now I'm waiting to see what the medical office will need from me and motivating myself to study french everyday.

A bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment